Entire Physio’s Small Group Exercise Classes are run by one of our experienced physiotherapists and limited to six participants per class.
Here you will learn how to activate and correctly strengthen all parts of your body; with exercises carefully tailored by our Physios to target your individual ability level.
Our classes are divided into 3 categories:
- Foundations: targeted at the majority of new participants and those who do not have a background in Clinical Pilates or advanced strengthening.
- Progressions: targeted at those who can complete fundamental exercises and have reached a sufficient level of strength, or have a background in clinical pilates elsewhere. Please talk to our Physiotherapists before registering for a progressions class to see if you are eligible.
- Pre/peri-natal: ideal during pregnancy and during the first year post birth.
Prior to commencing one of these classes, each participant is taken through a one-on-one assessment where our Physios will screen you for medical conditions, previous injuries and your current ability/goals to ensure we can safely guide you through exercises.
Included in this 1 hour session is the opportunity to have real-time ultrasound assessment of your transverse abdominis and pelvic floor (external only) strength and control.
Our classes have a strong focus on building core strength throughout the trunk, shoulder/scapula complex and hip/gluteal complex.
Our Physio’s also bring elements of balance, diaphragmatic breathing, posture, stretching and mobility into your sessions.
Our Physio Led Small Group Exercise Classes are ideal for anyone who;
- Is returning from injury
- Is wanting to commence exercise again safely following a period of inactivity
- Has chronic low back/neck pain
- Wanting pre/peri-natal core strengthening and exercise advice
- Help with pelvic floor strengthening/leakage control
- Has trouble with traditional exercise due to bone density issues
- Increasing control in hyper mobile populations
Physio Led Small Group Exercise Classes are run within the NSW school term and are 10 weeks in duration.
Both the pre-screening session and the exercise classes are claimable through health funds if you have extras.
Please call our Reception staff for more information, to book a pre-screen or to reserve your place.
Call now to book your place:
Click to view times for our Physio Led Small Group Exercise Classes: